(keitai-l) Re: cell phone email identities (was: Re: Re: Phone Number Transmission when conneting with iMode)

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/28/00
> > But what if I get an email from a phone, like from
> > renfield@docomo.ne.jp, in reality it could be somebody
> > else.
> In this case you are absolutely right. On a mobile phone
> I see ONLY the sender address, the subject line and the message
> (truncated to max 500 chars). There is no chance to see the
> header (except you forward this mail to your PC) and who
> of new email users can read and understand headers?

even I the recipient do could read the header, he would still
not know if renfield@docomo.ne.jp is really renfield or not.

the mail header is not saying anything about that and has
no visible information about the senders phone number or
subscriber ID ot the like.

The only way to find out if the person who sent me the mail
is really Ren, would be to either call the phone (if you get
an email from an i-mode phone, you can answer by actually
placing a call to the phone from where the mail came), or to
ask Ren via another communication channel if he did sent the
mail or to ask DoCoMo who the subscriber with that email
address really is.

Cheers,
Andrea