(keitai-l) Re: Unique ids

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 08/29/00
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, M. David wrote:

> I thought about using the dns but docomo seems to use 210.153.8X.XX
> so only 999 posibilities.
> Hey, is this screwing up my uniques user/sessions stats???

	Sessions of course shouldn't rely on ip addresses but
	unique session id's which are stored for example in
	cookies, or when it is not possible carried on in
	url's.

	In PHP session id's look something like this:

		f526f0f9124dc43456b10453c1695a26

	Beause i-mode phones dont support cookies only possible
	way is to carry sid's in the url. Only limitation which
	comes to my mind is the maximum url length supported by
	i-mode phones (which I cant remember).

	Session id's are not user id's though...

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/