(keitai-l) Re: Best phone?

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/31/00
Hi,

> I am under the impression that the NM502i remains the _only_
> bilingual i-mode phone.

According to a recent catalog from NTT DoCoMo, the follwing i-mode
compatible handsets are bilingual and an English operation manual
is available: P209i, N209i, D209i, F209i and NM502i.

For more info on these and other available i-mode handsets including
specs and pictures please look here:

List of currently available i-mode handsets
http://anima.editthispage.com/hardware/imode-handsets

I heard that some handset makers 'claim' that there model is
bilingual but it turns out that only the first level of the
built-in menu and only some pages of the manual are bilingual
and then the rest is Japanese only (happened to me once with
a cdmaOne phone).

So the best thing might be to test the phone before you buy
it or to ask somebody who already bought the model you want
to have.

I have a Sony SO502i and it's not bilingual.

Cheers,
Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann -- Editor-in-Chief --  hoffmann@westcyber.com