(keitai-l) Re: tsutaya ads

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/04/00
Hi Jonathan,

"Jonathan W. Anderson" wrote:
> > Does anybody *really* think it is a useful 'invention'?
> > I think it's annoying.
> [...]
> free.  Still those banner ads will help to support that content.
Sure, I understand that THEY need the money to stay alive and
online, but...

> Considering all the official and unofficial sites without subscription or
> sufficient
> e-commerce revenue, for better or worse I think you'll be seeing a lot more
> on your cellphone.
...I don't think (my very personal experience) that any company
can only exist by providing advertisements. To copy a concept what
was not really an success on the Internet (see all these closed
companys with the business model 'advertisements will pay my site')
and bring it to a very small screen on a PERSONAL device (you don't
share your mobile phone, aren't you?) can not have any success.

But I am interested what happens, because Japan is famous for being
different and maybe people see it as a fashion and start to collect
advertisement banners ;)

Let's wait and see. At least Dentsu and NTT get their revenue
stream.

J.