(keitai-l) Re: Redirector Check

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/13/00
Hi Lee,

lee@djindex.com wrote:
> Any chance of mailing/ posting, (yes I know that it
> was here a day or so ago ... but ...), your magnificent
> script with "complete baby novice" instructions for implementation?
Baby Novice Instructions? Aeh, ok :)

But wait some days, I will explain it in this list until I am sure
that it works at least 99%. The basic idea behind is to find
out which user agent (the identification of a specific browser)
requests data from your server and redirect this specific browser
to the right optimized interface (which is a pain in the butt with
WAP and HDML phones).

I found out that the user agent is not a very reliable resource
and can be changed any time (like what happens with newer
J-Phone phones), so you need to check some more additional
information.

In the meantime please check this script with your J-Phone
if you have one:

http://anima.de/js/

If you see on the screen: It's a J-Phone!
Than it should work.

I think I can release this script with documentation next week.

J.