(keitai-l) Re: what has ren been doing at work?

From: punnamas vichitkulwongsa <punnamas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 09/26/00
Hi,

>Only AT&T and Nextel have packet-switched networks. AT&T's (called CDPD)
>has actually been around for a while, but was only available for wireless
>modems in PCs until about 3 months ago when they started their PocketNet
>service.

AT&T`s PocketNet service has been commercially available since 1996. The
service can be accessed from both PC cards and CDPD phones (by Lucent,
Mitsubichi, and Samsung). It`s just that they introduced the flat rate
service about 3 months ago with the new larger-screen side and more
user-friendly Mitsubishi phone.

Bellsouth and Ameritech (I believe) also have had packet-switched CDPD
networks.

Punnamas