(keitai-l) Re: How to identify a mobile device with a redirect script

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 09/29/00
Great!

Feature suggestions:

For Docomo:
Cache size if known
image types supported.
screen size (images)
screen size (text)
mono or colour.

For J-Phone
 as above (for phones that write headers)

I am still trying to work out whether one sends mml or html to J-phones .
Their webpages is a little unclear - I THINK one send html and it is mml'd
by the gateway.... If not, whether they can process html or they need
mml....

You asked about other useful things....

here is a "note to self:" of things I need and should write...

I have a function to put a  <BR> in the space preceding the X'th
character. Currently though it counts &#nbsp; and others of that ilk as 6
chars, not 1... I would like it to be able to NOT count certain character
that I specify. (<br> for example).

I would also like to be able to specify the lenth of the first line (X-3,
for example) so that I can print a docomo icon, then the text string, and
it <Line Breaks> at (for example) 13 chars on line one and 16 thereafter.

I have various other things that half work but I have still not decided
how they should work....

Regards and let me know how I can help.... (My coding is crap, messy and
inefficient - but it works...)