(keitai-l) Re: How is it to see it the very first time?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/15/01
> I wasn't that much impressed by I-Mode, EZWeb or J-Sky, I think
> mainly because I it is all quite similar to what I had experienced
> and because there is a lot of hype in the European media on it.

Actually the English sites on the official I-mode menu are
quite boring (Headlines, CNN, Stocks, weekly updated diary of
a depressed japanese girl) but the japanese ones are really
interesting, they have a better and more compressed layout since
japanese words are much shorter than english ones, and overall
are there things I never thought about...

In presentations we made to foreigners we saw that since nobody
could read japanese, nobody really wanted to see the japanese
version and they all got back to the english sites, which
are really comparable to WAP services (except that I never
heard of a WAP version of a diary of a depressive japanese girl),
they only look better on a brandnew color screen handset.

> Then again, the Japanese culture impressed me most of all.
> I have seen a lot of things but never found anything that was so,
> well, 'different' from my own.

One of the reasons I live here. It's never get boring! ;)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht - <js@nooper.com> - Nooper.com - Mobile Services