(keitai-l) Re: is downloading java applets more expensive than other content?

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 01/19/01
Couple of things:

Java on the phone are MIDlets, not applets. They do not run in the browser.
Memory on the handset is about 16 megs, but memory available to the MIDlet is 3
10k slots plus a small scratchpad.
MIDlets on the phone have NO access to native resources on the handsets, although
some handset makers may add their own handset-only extensions. So, for example,
the basic spec does NOT provide a way to read/write to the address book or
bookmarks list or email box on the handset.
Keypad access is of course supported through generic user interface api (soft
keys, keypad, etc.), and again some handsets may support an extended api for
handset specific items (for example Sony might provide an API extension for the
scrolly-wheel...)

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature