(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Phones Must Die?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/23/01
>>This phenomenia can not be compared to the western world and
>>so the comparision of Qwerty keyboards for westerns and
>>keypads for japanese makes no real sense.
> Come on.......
> Abbreviations and shortened expressions are used in all societies and user
> groups. Ever tried to read a military document?
> Japanese is unique but not that unique.

This reply was a very good example of cultural misunderstandings :)

I talked about the 'phenomenia of the permanent development of the
spoken and written japanese language'. This phenomenia is very unique
and can not compared to military documents, because it is not
only 'shorten' of words, they develop brandnew words they use
in daily live all the time.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht - <js@nooper.com> - Nooper.com - Mobile Services