(keitai-l) Re: Japanese phone numbers

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 01/24/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>And, again, the problems of being surprised by your phone making
>voice calls when clicking links are exacerbated by the fact that
>it could end up costing you Y500 per minute.

How many users of imode on the list actually WANT phone numbers to be
hotlinked like this? I started coding a solution and stopped after I
started to look at it from the users point of view. *On an imode phone
every link is a "stop point"*,  however briefly, as one scrolls down a
piece of text. From the users point of view that can be a pain. Hot
linking numbers is useful in many contexts, but is not something that
should be done willy nilly - particulary not by a third party gateway.

It really is one of those "just because you can do it doesn't mean you
should" things.

My vote as a  potential user  of (google was it?) is  "DON'T DO IT!"... It
is better in theory than practice

Nick