(keitai-l) Typing on Numeric Keypads

From: Adam Spitzer <adam_at_eatoni.com>
Date: 01/24/01
I can't believe that the 2 days I'm away from this list you all talk about
typing on numeric keypads!  If you could try a phone with Eatoni software
in it you'd probably change your ideas about numeric keypads.  In English,
standard multitap is on average 2.2 taps per letter.  We have a system
that brings it down to 1.002 taps.  When you get that close to 1 tap it
really feels like typing on a fullsize keyboard.  It's a very comfortable
natural feel and it can handle URLs, names, slang, all the stuff we really
type into our phones.  We have over 20 languages and will soon complete
Hebrew, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, etc.  Aiming to get it in mobile phones
as soon as we can.  Also talking to consumer electronics people about
putting it in remote controls (think set-top-box or mega cd changers and
how nice it would be to enter search strings).

Adam E. Spitzer                                   Eatoni Ergonomics, Inc.
Director of Development                           171 Madison Avenue
adam@eatoni.com                                   New York, NY 10016
212.725.9766                                      http://www.eatoni.com