(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/05/01
Andrew Shuttleworth wrote:

> I've seen mentions of transferring data between mobile phones and
> computers. My questions is how I would go about getting my address book
> from my computer to my phone (Nokia NM502i). I guess I may get some
> software if I bought one of the connection cables, but I should be able to
> do this via IR, right?

If you have a Palm with infrared connection  (e.g. Palm Vx) you can directly
beam the addresses book entries (name, tel number, fax number, email etc)
from the Palm to the NM502i. I tried it the other day with one of my friends
who works at Nokia and it worked on the spot first time without reading any
manual or any headaches. I have not tried it the other way round but it
should
also work.

We did not measure the time, but my guess it it almost beams as fast as
you can
click/tap the beaming instruction. Alltogether it should not take more than
a few seconds per address book entry.

Of course you can hotsync the data from your Palm to any PC or Mac.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/