(keitai-l) Re: Expensive surprises on I-Mode?

From: Kim Binsted <kimb_at_i-chara.com>
Date: 03/01/01
> Hi,
>
> > > I believe when you sign up for DoCoMo you can set a limit on
> overseas calls.
> >
> > you can block overseas calls alltogether.
>
> No, it's actually the other way around: oversea calls *are* disabled by
> default. If you want to enable them, you have to sign a special
> additional contract with NTT DoCoMo.

I know this was the case a year ago, but when I got my new phone a few
months ago, no additional (paper) contract was necessary. You can sign up
for World Call by calling 151 from your mobile, and there is no charge for
the service. I realize this probably constitutes a contract in a legal
sense, but the procedure is *much* simpler than it used to be.

Kim.
www.i-chara.com