(keitai-l) Re: GA100 Palm clip-on

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <aps_at_writemail.com>
Date: 03/05/01
Mika Tuupola wrote:
> 	Any similar devices for Palm in Japan? Anyone using them?

Nothing like that at the moment. Wireless Palm-DoCoMo related stories
below, but the devices won't have phone functionality.

http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/frm/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/moren/123
481
http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/tech/056835.htm

Other contenders to watch out for are Pocket PC, Psion and perhaps Sharp
(Zaurus). One problem with a device like this is that you need a hands
free kit if you want to talk and view the display at the same time, but I
guess wireless hands free kits aren't far off appearing on the market soon
so it will be less of a problem. Another problem is that it means you have
a big phone to carry around. There is a strong and popular argument for
keeping the phone and PDA separate.

Andrew
--
Andrew Shuttleworth (andrew.shuttleworth@tokyopc.org)