(keitai-l) Re: picture quality

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/08/01
Andylicht@aol.com wrote:

> Is there any way to demonstrate what streamed content would look like on 3G
> phones.  I have clients in the US that are interested in placing content on
> i-mode handsets, but they would like an idea what it will look like.

In my view today's picture quality on top models would be a good guess
to start
with. Picture quality is quite closely related to the present status of display
technology, processor technology (especially power consumption) and
battery
technology. These will not make a big jump within the next few weeks - therefore
you can assume that the 3G phones coming out will not be orders of magnitude
different from what's on the market now. There is not much magic in this
business -
it's mainly very hard work: engineering, physics, chemistry etc. There
are of
course improvements and new technologies in the pipeline...

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/