(keitai-l) Re: New 503i release dates

From: Marc Printz <MPrintz_at_724.com>
Date: 03/14/01
JPEG decoding doesn't need special circuitry although it might benefit
from it.

"Most production-quality JPEG programs use only integer arithmetic and
so they are unaffected by the presence or absence of floating-point
hardware. (...) DSP (digital signal processing) chips are ideally suited
for fast repetitive
integer arithmetic, so programming a DSP to do JPEG can yield
significant speedups." (from: JPEG image compression FAQ)

Did Sony write their own browser?

Marc