(keitai-l) i-MIMIC feature request opinions

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 03/15/01
I have received a feature request to provide i-MIMIC with i-mode server load
testing. Basically i-MIMIC would simulate several phones accessing the site
simultaneously and monitor response times, errors, etc. While MS and others
offer similar tools, none send an i-mode user agent and this is the argument
for this feature.

While I agree it is an interesting idea, personally I think this would be
better served with a dedicated server load testing tool rather than an
add-on to i-MIMIC but would appreciate your opinions. Would you find such a
tool useful?

The beta 0.93 of the i-MIMIC i-mode emulator has just been released.

Major changes in this beta release are a complete re-work of how i-MIMIC
handles form data, fixing issues with Japanese text plus improved list
rendering.

System requirements are Windows IE5.0 or higher and i-MIMIC can be accessed
at:
http://www.x-9.com/mimic/beta.asp

Comments, feature requests, bug reports always appreciated.

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com