(keitai-l) Re: Tricking a server into thinking your computer is an i-mode phone

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 03/16/01
At 05:46 PM 3/16/01 +0900, you wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>
> > Keitai Gurus,
> >         I'm trying to get to some i-mode sites by way of my desktop PC
>
>You have to send a fake i-mode correct HTTP request, as if it's coming
>from an i-mode phone. This will require some technical prowess or a good
>emulator.

If the server you are trying to visit checks your TCP  host address then
there could be no way to spoof it, since presumably all "real" imode
requests appear to originate from some block of IP addresses allocated to
the NTT gateway.

Otherwise, here is the exact HTTP request and header that my server gets
when I request a page (twice)
from my imode phone:

Socket[addr=fwisp5-ext-y.docomo.ne.jp/210.136.161.8,port=48186,localport=8082]

GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: i.ua.com

Socket[addr=fwisp7-ext-y.docomo.ne.jp/210.136.161.71,port=45759,localport=8082]

GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: i.ua.com

Note that the source of the TCP connection changed but was still in the
210.136.161x. net.