(keitai-l) Re: Payments methods on iMode

From: Eijkemans, Paul <Paul.Eijkemans_at_ben.nl>
Date: 03/16/01
>Making public the criteria for becoming an official site and opening the
billing system for 3rd party use are 2 totally     >different things.

Technically: yes, non-technical: not always. Of course it is interesting for
a site to uniquely identify the surfer. However, interesting content can
most of the times only be offered if revenues can be collected from the
user. Thus, in practice becoming an official site and opening the billing
system will go hand in hand for non-private sites that sell content.

About other payment methods: this really never hit off on the Internet,
except for credit card and even those sales are in my view limited, so why
would it work on mobile? I think the ISP's missed a huge opportunity by not
leveraging the billing relationship they have with their customers. Mobile
ISP's can do better if they leverage on this same billing relationship.

Paul