(keitai-l) enabling billing/subscriptions from a programmer's perspective.

From: chas <panda_at_skinnyhippo.com>
Date: 03/20/01
Good morning to all,

Had zero luck on the other i-mode list, so pls excuse
the cross post here.  Have been assured the following is
rather trivial but fail to find the information in any
FAQs : just wondering, how are the subscriptions implemented
for official sites, from a developers' perspective ?

ie. Is there an API to call to add the subscription and
bill the customer ? Or does it involve redirecting, along
the same lines as some third-party billing solutions on
the wireline web today ?

Does the developer even have to manage his/her own
customer-subscription database ? Or does i-mode handle
everything on an ASP basis ?

Hoping somebody can enlighten me.

Thank you very much,

chas