(keitai-l) Re: i-mode basic questions

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/21/01
Laura McGurdy wrote:

> Gerhard,
> Ok, I will take a look at the imode report :-)
> One last thing - is the "secret number" a unique identifier for a particular
> user? Do they use this same number to subscribe to all official sites? And I
> assume that if a user wants to subscribe via an unofficial site, they have
> to enter their billing details in an online form?
>
> *Many* thanks,
>
> --laura

Laura: the "secret number" is set by the user to any number he wishes.
Obviously this is not the ultimate security solution...
Unofficial sites are on their own to implement own or third party payment
solutions like on the wired internet. Some of these issues are covered in
the faq:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/