(keitai-l) Re: Ericsson's new phone - with colour display

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/22/01
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Eijkemans, Paul wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:11:18 +0100
> From: "Eijkemans, Paul" <Paul.Eijkemans@ben.nl>
> To: "'keitai-l@appelsiini.net'" <keitai-l@appelsiini.net>
> Subject: (keitai-l) Re: Ericsson's new phone - with colour display
>
> Absolute nonsense.

I think you misunderstood me but it is my writing.
see below.

> Although the standard has been out for a few months the actual
> implementation in browsers and upgrades of the gateways has only just been
> finished. When WAP 2.0 comes out as a standard it takes take time to
> implement it in actual products.
>
> Paul
>
> >What? 1.2 in Q4 2001? Well, just a few months, you will have to
> >throw the phone out. They will have WAP 2 in the middle of this year
> >and then when the phone is out for sale it is already outdated.
> >Hubert

What I meant was "just a few months after Q4 2001(this is the missing
part) you will have to throw the phone out. They will have ....."

WAP 2.0 is out. It does take time to deploy the gateway and
browser into the handset and I have factored that into accounting.
Let's assume 6months for deploy gateway ( not over all but some.)
and in the same time the handsets. And by then, it is Q4 of 2001.
And you bought the Ericsson phone mentioned, it would be
oudated and you have to throw 'the phone' out.

Does it makae more sense? ( rather than 'non-sense'. :) )

Feel free to point out mistakes.

Hubert