(keitai-l) OT: Appelsiini

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 03/26/01
On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Jani PATOKALLIO wrote:

> Orange (the fruit).  The word is evidently a mutation of old
> German "Apfelzin"; of course, these days the fruit is an Orange
> in German, and the color orange is "oranssi" in Finnish.  This also
> explains why the background color of  http://www.appelsiini.net's home
> page induces headaches.

	This, and the fact that the pages were not supposed to be
	left on that stage for more than a couple of month after
	starting the mailinglist. I originally had an idea to build
	something like Andrea did with MMJ but since Andrea was
	faster and did a great job I dropped the idea. Why do two
	news sites. However I still have plans to make the mailinglist
	homepage to have links to all the important sources of
	information and other tidbits. This with the upcoming
	keitai-l faq :)

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/