(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (rough estimate)

From: Rod Holmes <rod_at_app-comm.com>
Date: 03/28/01
>Victor's analysis is very interesting and useful. apparently, there is a
>relatively small group of subscribers (about 30%) who actually use the
>i-mode service and drive the packet charges of 2000 Yen a month. With
>respect to the dates on the D2 data, I have data from them for may and
>september (hard copy) from D2C and the age and gender distribution did not
>change much between those dates. so victor's assumption is most likley valid
>concerning the age and gender data.

Perhaps a related story from yesterday's Daily Yomiuri. Does it mean that
only 15% of subscribers smile when surfing via their keitai? Apparently
only German statisticians can sort it out. ;-)

HALF OF CELL PHONE USERS UNHAPPY
Reuters (Printed in the Daily Yomiuri 27 March 2001)

Half of Japanese cellular users in the 20s and 30s are not satisfied with
browsing the Web on their mobile phones, according to Japan Gartner Group,
a market research firm.

Dispite the findings, however, Japan has managed to build up a subscriber
base of more than 30 million able to access the Internet on their cell
phones to lead the world in mobile multimedia access.

Gartner said the two main reasons why users were dissatisfied was because
of the lack of better content and ease of use.

Third-generation, or 3G, mobile technology should be able to solve the
content issue since it is expected to provided high-speed Internet access
and allow for more enriched content such as video and CD-quality music service.

Rod Holmes
Head Trainer - AppComm
   p: +81.3.5716.4229
   f: +81.3.3483.2869