(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (roughestimate)

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/28/01
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Renfield Kuroda wrote:

> FYI, email from DoCoMo:
>

>      Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (rough estimate)
>
>      For your information (we actually mentioned this in February at our 2nd
>      year
>      anniversary, but the press there didn't pick up on it), iMode active
>      users
>      (web access, NOT just email) are over 90% of our subscriber base.

So, you are saying, it is TRUE that in Nov, 2000: there are only 3 milions
users who have accessed at least once for i-mode service. ( either in
the form of email or web access). Or is it just web access?
I mean, if it is web access, then it is understandable. In other words,
a whole lot more who uses email.

>      How do we know?  Well, we have the access logs, which has a "n" of 21
>      million, rather than 1000, as most research firms present, and analyse
>      the
>      data to discover that in a one week period, over 90% of the whole
>      subscriber
>      base accesses the web through imode (either portal site or Internet
>      site) at
>      least once.

I have no doubt they have the system log but it is not clear
to me that what they are trying to say here.
They have 21 millions users who have at least use the service once ever?
I hope they are saying there are 21 millions users who have at least
user the service once at least once a month.

Hubert