(keitai-l) i-mode...the big misunderstanding

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 03/28/01
Guys,

seems that a lot of misunderstandings are out there. Statistics, ha!

I-mode is not only the browser, it's mostly email. Since american
companys like to monitor the emails of their employees, japanese
people prefer to have their own private und unmonitored email
with them.

I know a lot of japanese people (in the age range of 40+
and settled) who are not really interested in i-mode, but
need a Keitai for staying in (voice-) contact and even think
about buying their kids a keitai. But I don't know any japanese
in the age range of 18-30 who has a keitai and is NOT using
any dataservice, at least they *all* use email on their Keitai.

Ok, this is only me and I am not representive, but I ask a
lot of them and they confirm this and I have eyes.

Back to the point: Email is the key and people are happy
to pay for carrying their email address around. And the secret
winner is DoCoMo (again), since this service is not a third
party service.

Juergen