(keitai-l) Re: LaunchAt in Jam Files

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 03/30/01
>      Seems a bit short sighted though - I mean,
> wouldn't most people want their app to start up at a
> particular time not just at regular intervals?  Maybe
> I'm missing something.

The only real use of having the app start up regular intervals that I
can see is to, let's say, download stock price data to the phone every
hour or whatever.  If some particular condition that you have specified
happens it can give you an alarm or something.  Even so, this is still
something that can be achieved pretty well with just i-mode and e-mail
alone!

What kind of app would you want to start up at a particular time?