(keitai-l) Re: : jdk 1.3 can't upgrade

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 04/02/01
    I'm not sure if this is right or not, but I think you
need J2ME (Java 2 microedition for portable devices)
in addition to  JDK 1.3 or something like that.  (Someone else help
me here, I'm not using the toolkit so I could be wrong).

Konrad Hernblad wrote:

> just (sadly) discovered today that docomo isn't allowing current docomo
> customers to upgrade to the new 503i series unless they've had their
> current model more than 10 months.  i was told this at yodobashi in
> shinjuku and a few shops in shibuya.
>
> can anyone validate this?
>
> did anyone know about this?  did docomo make an announcement about this?
>
> when jphone and au release their java-capable phones in june, will they
> incorporate access' new mobile web browser (that allows viewing of wap,
> chtml, and xhtml pages)?
>
> anyone try out docomo's doja toolkit?  i tried to install it, but it keeps
> saying that i need to install jdk1.3 on my system, even though i already
> have it installed!  (using windows2000pro)  any way to get around docomo's
> sucky installation program?  also, are the actually imode java classes in
> the toolkit?
>
> thanks...

> help the survivors of international disasters today: http://www.redcross.org/

-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu
http://members.tripod.com/~pbl1/

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"