(keitai-l) Re: docomo's new upgrade policy effective 4/1: can't upgrade to 503i series <10 months

From: Kim Binsted <kimb_at_i-chara.com>
Date: 04/02/01
My experience is that if you have lost your phone within its contract time,
you pay somewhat less (about 20,000 less) than you do if you simply want an
upgrade. You have to file a lost item report with a koban, and bring the
report file number with you when you go to the DoCoMo shop, but it's minimum
hassle, and you save a lot of money. So, next time you want an upgrade, you
might want to accidentally leave your current phone in, say, the moenai gomi
box at a 7-11. Ooops!

This is how I got my 503 in early March, having (honestly) lost my previous
phone, which was about 3 months old. I can't guarantee that this policy is
consistent over time, models and/or stores, so you might want to check
before you 'lose' your phone.

Kim.