(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Net penetration

From: Victor Pikula <victor_at_pikula.com>
Date: 04/02/01
Daniel wrote:
"So fixed-line penetration rate is really irrelevant, but target audience is
not. "

Didn't want to jump into this thread too early, before I had seen some other
answers, but yes. The "low landline internet penetration in Japan" argument
makes as little sense in this regard as if one would count the number of
stereo-sets in Japan vs. Europe, to explain the penetration rate of
Walkmans.

It is my strong believe, and more people on this list agree I think, that
wired and mobile services are being used complementary. They do not exclude
one another. I expect them to coexist.

Regards,
Victor