(keitai-l) Motorola i85s J2ME phone is up and out in US

From: Andrew Langton <AndrewL_at_playlink.com>
Date: 04/02/01
Nextel is now offering the phone for their service in the US

http://www.nextel.com/

I believe it's still lacking the chip/upgrade which allows midlets direct
access to network connections (so, no HTTP or Datagrams just yet), but J2ME
is in there, somewhere, along with a tetris-alike, calculator, and "expense
scratchpad" midlets.

One question for those in-the-know: If purchased with the data cable to
connect to PCs, *can* this phone do HTTP as-is?  If so, it would be worth
getting for testing and development for me, but if not...  I'll probably
wait.