(keitai-l) Re: docomo's new upgrade policy effective 4/1: can't upgrade to 503i series <10 months

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 04/02/01
> Keeping the same phone number is a plus.

That's the good part when the mobile subscription and the phone are not tied
together.

You get the subscription, pay for the services and have a number.  You buy
the phone you like the most and upgrade whenever you want to.  Even the
market for used handsets is increasing, especially some older very robust
models.  Almost-free used handset and a $2.5/month basic subscription is not
a bad deal for your boat, summer cottage, kids, ...  Some new GSM service
operators offer a basic subscription for $7/mo and family subscription, up
to 5 GSM numbers, for $13/mo.

Yes, mobile penetration can and should go beyound 100%.

Personally I understand the business logic behind "free phones" and long
contracts but I don't find healthy business in the long run, not even from
the customer point of view.

Petri