(keitai-l) Re(2): Re: redirects for i-mode phones/testing

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushunet.com>
Date: 04/10/01
oops - my previous response in this thread may not be correct.....

My experience of the P501i was that it does not handle redirects - I had
to rebuild a website to make allowances for it - and some time ago I found
a web page (I have not been able to relocate it)  that said that some
first gen phones did not handle redirects. HOWEVER - someone else has
since told me that their P501i DOES handle them - they have tested it on
their site and it works..

So - the issue is unclear. One possibility is that I am talking through my
fundament when I say that it cannot -(I no longer have that phone
connected so I cannot experiment) - another is that there were different
browser implementations in the P501i. Whichever, I am still fairly
confident that at least SOME first gen phones do not handle it, but the
issue is less clear than I thought it was.

Nick