(keitai-l) J2ME and pocketPC

From: Benedict Evans <inherent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 04/12/01
There's a full functioning Personal Java implementation for all PocketPC
platforms at:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/personaljava/

You have to register,but it's free. Works fine on my iPAQ.

You ought to be able to combine this with class files from an emulator and
then run i-appli files. I've been playing with components from i-jade
without success for an hour or so, but since I have zero practical
experience with java command lines, I can't tell if this is because it can't
be done or because I just don't understand how to run applets. (The i-jade
readme is in Japanese, which doesn't help)

You can,incidentally, get a working 'run' box in PocketPC by holding down
the action button (pushing the joypad in on the ipaq) and then doing
taap-and-hold on the clock (in the top right) Very hacky, but doable. Easier
with the stowaway keyboard.