(keitai-l) Re: Nokia J-NM01?

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 04/13/01
on 01.4.13 4:02 PM, DC at dc@PacketVideo.COM wrote:
> the japanese site shows a camera, way differnet from the US version. is this
> a separate accessory?
The Nokia J-NOM01 and the scp-5000, while both manufactured by Sanyo and
somewhat similar looking are just two different phones ! Browser, Camera and
internal components to run in the US network would come to mind.
from my 4/11 post:
The J-NM01 is an OEM of Sanyo J-SA03
http://www.j-phone-east.com/p_and_s/products/be/htmllib/index.htm?d=SANYO&f=
J-SA03

> the US phone has 'picture caller id' and custom ringer tones. but you have
> to download and sync them from your PC, even midi files! how LAME!!! even
> GSM phones have done this for years.

Would this have to do anything with the browser capabilities?

From Gustaf Rosell's 4/9 Post Re: Sanyo phone
"The bad thing, the really bad thing, is that it is a OpenWave browser
inside.

According to my cousin, who tested it for me with instructions over the
phone, there is no color support in the browser! I hope something was
configured wrongly, but it has on the other hand been confirmed by others.
Really bad. Talk time wasn't impressive. Hmmm...
"

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/