(keitai-l) Re: How to identify that request is sent by DoCoMo gateway?

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 04/14/01
I assume you are talking about the UTN ID in 503+ series phones not the user
ID sent to i-menu content providers.

You can get the UTN of any phone by looking for the serial number under the
battery cover so it would be possible for an impostor to send a user agent
string that could deceive the server.

While the DoCoMo gateway IP address will often change during a single i-mode
session, the reverse DNS of legitimate DoCoMo gateways all end with
"docomo.ne.jp" so detecting this condition will keep anything but real
i-mode handsets out. Doing reverse DNS lookups will add considerably to your
application transaction time though.

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com