(keitai-l) Re: US Java Phones

From: DC <dc_at_PacketVideo.COM>
Date: 04/17/01
The iDen phones also don't have an application processor, so the performance
is extremely weak. That group mainly use dedicated ASICs for each function
(like jpg decoding) as opposed to having a meaty GPP.

Perhaps if they team up with zucotto or a dedicated java accelerator
chip/core they'll have something next generation...

In the US I think sprint have been pretty forthcoming on their commitment to
java (a cdma carrier avoiding brew) but not sure which terminals they're
buying.

/dc

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ ]