(keitai-l) Re: Javascripting in Imode

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 04/18/01
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Michael Turner wrote:

> > The whole idea of WML "cards" is just a poor idea, I wish the WAP people
> > would admit it, instead of adding an additional layer of badly

> But if it were good, it wouldn't, you now, *match*.  Consistency
> is important in system design ;-)

	True :)

	Anyway the card idea is not that bad. I think the idea behind
	the cards was that you allready have the next few pages (or
	cards) when you enter a page so you dont have to wait for
	phone to download them when you click a link.

	This should work in the way that when the first page
	loads the phone allready renders it to your handsets
	display and the continues to download rest of the deck
	in the background.

	I say "should" because I think most of the phones don't
	work this way, but they wait for the whole deck to download
	before they display even the first page. Thus forcing you
	to wait for the whole deck to download before even showing
	you the first page.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/