(keitai-l) Re: Audio formats supported by iAppli

From: Paul Lester <paul.lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 04/19/01
Yes there are a number of tools for conversion I have
found in Japan (midi-smd-mld-pmd-mmf and other stuff).
They are scattered about the internet
and seem to not work too well, so I won't list them.

Look up "smdEd" on "google", its not great but it'll give you a good
idea what MFi is about.

It is proven to be possible to make your own converter (midi-mld) if you
are working with DoCoMo, but it takes a lot of work and is not a trivial task.

MFi stands for Melody Format for imode, is it also called i-melody?
I'm curious..

Also Midi files can do ALOT, remember, MFi files are for phones
so it will never sound identical to a MIDI file, nor can it contain
as much information.  The size limit appears to be 10k just like
i-applis.  Don't quote me on that some Japanese web sites say it
varies from phone to phone a bit.

Andrew Zaikin wrote:

> Is that correct to say that the only Audio format that is supported by
> iAppli is iMelody (*.mld)? Are there any tools that work with that
> format (incl. converting to/from other formats)?

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
∬†♪∽∵:)  ∬†♪∽∵:)  ∬†♪∽∵:)  ∬†♪∽∵:)
♪ Paul Bryan Lester
♪ Linc MEDIA INC/ リンクメヂィア(株)