(keitai-l) Re: Europe: RingTone Popularity

From: Jouni Leppanen <jouni.leppanen_at_akumiitti.com>
Date: 04/20/01
Actually it has been happening for a quite a while now. Our company was one
of the original inventors of SMS based ringtones in co-operation with Nokia.

In this news article( http://www.washtech.com/news/telecom/9179-1.html )
there is two things done by our company;

1. Introduction how to order songs from CD as your ringtone in co-operation
with major record labels (First in the world to our knowledge)

2. Worlds first introduction of music groups new single as ringtone (Nylon
Beat: Not guilty)

As I am in charge of our business development in Japan, I must say that
there is still long way to go. Sound quality of polyphonic ringtones is
something we can only wish for from European handsets....

Cheers,

Jouni