(keitai-l) Re: iMode in Europe

From: rolf van widenfelt <rolf_at_pizzicato.com>
Date: 04/27/01
from the little i've been able to gather from the vague press releases,
i-mode outside of Japan will probably first launch in Northern Europe with KPN
in the Netherlands.
ATT (US) will also launch an i-mode service, supposedly starting with Seattle.
my personal guess is that ATT will be slow to get it rolling, and KPN will
launch first.

i have also heard Italy (Telecom Italia) mentioned,
but i would be surprised if they are first.

does anyone have more info?
any info about i-mode in Hong Kong or perhaps Korea?

-rolf