(keitai-l) JBlend/microJBlend

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 04/27/01
On a quest to find out what JBlend really is I stumbled upon the JBlend
Web site (http://www.jblend.com/en/ESC/index.html).  After wading
through plenty of "fluff" and lots of new acronyms ("JTRON", "ITRON",
"RTOS", "FTT", "FTT3", "KFTT"...) my initial guess that JBlend is in
fact a kind of Java Virtual Machine was confirmed.  Am I right in saying
it is a pure replacement for Sun's KVM?

Reading further I came across this claim which made me think:

"The initial adoption of microJBlend supporting iAppli was for the 503i
series of cellular phones sold by NTT DoCoMo. The Java runtime
performance, boosted by KFTT, has won high praise from the media. The
MIDP version of microJBlend has been adopted as the standard platform
for J-Phone's next-generation Java cellular phones."

It sounds like they are trying to make the reading "think" that JBlend
was used in DoCoMo's 503 series, but when read more carefully it sounds
like they made it but DoCoMo didn't use it (opting for Sun's KVM
instead).  Anyone know more about this?  Or is JBlend really a part of
my F503 but kept a big secret?

Gary.