(keitai-l) Re: More 3G delay reasons

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 04/30/01
Antonella writes, in part:

> (You need to be a real geek to find some readable info on 3gpp's site on
> standard versions. See www.3gpp.org)

Especially with gems of English prose composition like the following:

"On the fringe of standardization activities some telecom companies have set
up a voluntary arrangement for the licensing of essential patents required
to meet the standards published for 3G systems has emerged.

"Please find a historical recap of the creation of the 3G Patent Platform.
Thank you to note that Phase 3 has not started yet."

Hm.  Yah.  Thank you I too will do.  Let's all emerge
now please, as we wankin' borg do thusly much committee-
wise, desu yo ne.

This is all strongly redolent of CCITT/ITU specification style.
You know - the guys who quietly snuffed ASN.2 when they
(finally) figured out that even trying to code up a full ASN.1
parser was causing some serious nervous breakdowns?

-m
leap@gol.com