(keitai-l) Re: Handset id

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 05/07/01
At 10:06 AM 5/7/01 +0300, you wrote:
>On Sun, 6 May 2001, Henry Minsky wrote:
>
> > It comes in the regular User-Agent HTTP header, but the "utn" attribute was
> > recently added (imode HTML 3.0) and only works for
> > the 503i phones I believe.
>
>         How did this work with pre 503 phones?
>
>--
>Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/
>

>[ Did you check the archives?   http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ ]
I don't think it worked in any previous phones, as far as I can tell. I
don't know
about how the private info is sent to NTT partner sites, but I don't think
there was any way for "external" web sites to get phone ID's before the 503i.

My F503i automatically pops up a dialog when it encounters a "utn" in
a  URL while
browsing, and
asks the user if they want to allow their ID to be sent.