(keitai-l) Re: not directly related...

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 05/07/01
Juergen Specht wrote:
> > this is not directly related to the mailing list topic, but i found this
> > very interesting....
>
> Ok, I have one more...this is also not directly list related, but
> related to the link before...and I am sure that this will be the future:
> http://www.discover.com/may_01/featflyer.html

The limitation of this technology is that it relies on sending signals
spread right across the radio spectrum, at sufficiently low power that
it doesn't significantly interfere with other radio signals.  This
means that it only works at a short range.  It may provide a means to
extend the bandwidth of wireless networks, but it won't be useful for
mobile phones.  I think.