(keitai-l) Re: difficulties of becoming an official i-mode si te

From: DC <dc_at_PacketVideo.COM>
Date: 05/10/01
since docomo are charging the customer, they need to have a screening
process for the sites. There have been class action lawsuits against telco's
in the US for adding 2 seconds at the end of a call...

how would you suggest the screening process can be outsourced (eg to
portals/'publishers') and yet indemnify docomo?

perhaps if the billing mechanism was opened up, in a way where you would
have a mobileID like a creditcard#, from a third party company, that is
simply billed by docomo. then your dispute would be between the billing
agency and the content collector?

a little like 'adultcheck' in the porn world (don't they invent everything?)
where you pay once for a membership ID that can be 'spent' across many
participating sites...

/dc