(keitai-l) Re: excellent interview on official/unofficial question

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 05/15/01
Interesting and informative interview with Imahima's CEO Neeraj Jhanji,
marred (inevitably) by the following:

> How did you first conceive the imahima concept?

> One lonely Saturday afternoon I wanted to go out and eat, and looking at
the
> crowds of people outside I wondered 'are any of these people my friends
who
> would join me for lunch?' I then thought that since everyone has a mobile
it
> would be a great way of finding friends.
>
> Two or three months later, I had a patented Beta application. I continued
> believe in the concept and develop it. Today, we have over 250,000 users,

No patent process in the world is that fast.

More important, I think: Jhanji glosses over the contribution of Henry
Dotterer,
who wrote that "Beta" code, and who retains the copyright on that code
(AFAIK.)

I'm not sure how that dispute has settled out.  I don't even know if Henry
made
any money at all.  My vague understanding is that Jhanji got around the
copyright
obstacle by simply having the code rewritten.

"Behind every great fortune there lies a great crime." (Balzac)

But after that, *everybody* wants to have lunch with you, right?

-m
leap@gol.com