(keitai-l) Re: Sanyo SCP-5000 browser

From: christopher lowery <chris_at_onegoodwindow.com>
Date: 05/17/01
Wow, it's a beauty - a taste of i-mode. But is it a 4.1 browser
including (animated) gif/png support, or is it the new
Openwave Mobile Browser?

I can't really tell from Sanyo's US-english page
http://www.sanyousa.com/consumer_electronics/pcs/scp-5000.html#
but i'm willing to bet Openwave wasn't ready, so they did their
own wrapper OS, including 'Photo caller ID' (a great entree to
video calling) and midi ringtones like the 4500.

Hope it's still got the touchpoint system.
After I got my SCP-4000 to do this,
http://www.onegoodwindow.com/graphics-hut/anim1.gif
I fell in love with the little monochrome monster.

-chris

Matt Armstrong wrote:

> "Andres Crosa" <andres.crosa@starmedia.net> writes:
>
> > Do somebody know the type of browser the Sanyo SCP-5000 is using?
> >
> > At Sprint PCS site it says:
> > Sprint PCS Wireless Web Browser Capable
> > View text versions of popular web sites to access information such as
> > e-mail, news, weather, stock quotes, sports scores and more.
> > http://e10.sprintpcs.com/store/show_phone.asp?sku=SCP5000KIT
> >
> > Tks
> > Andres
>
> It uses the Phone.com AKA Openwave Systems Inc. WAP browser.
>
> --
> matt

Christopher Lowery  -  software designer - ephemerist
            www.onegoodwindow.com/graphics-hut  -  1admw.com (wap)