(keitai-l) Re: 3G Handsets are Here

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/23/01
> ...and did you see? They have no more visible antenna! (a la Nokia)

The Nokia one is a bad example...it's made out of wood :)

But I have a theory that people will miss their antenna.
Let me share some observations:

People like to stick pen-shaped objects in their face, in their
mouth, on their chin. You see it everywhere when people start to
think that they use pencils for this. Some even bite on them
and in the Nooper.com office you will hardly find any pencil
which is un-bitten (very embarrasing if we get visitors and
they want to take notes...). Funny is, that a pen shaped object
has just the right size for it. Nobody will stick, say, a lighter
in their face or something which is bigger than a pencil.

So the antenna has exact the same shape like a pencil and
yes, you see people stick the antenna in their face, on their
chin or even bite on the antenna. Watch people while they wait
for the train or at the usual meeting places like Hachiko.
If they don't stare on the screen or make a call, they play
with their antenna like above described (I saw hundreds of
people doing this). It's just a good old habit...comparable
to smoking...its also all about having pen shaped objects
between lips.

So if handset makers get rid of antennas I am sure that
people will miss something.

But I stop now with my argumentation to leave the rest
to Michael 'Natasha' Turners highly enjoyable interpretation.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht  [ Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. ]  http://nooper.com
New: i-mode/iAppli testing service NooperLabs: http://nooper.co.jp/labs/